wow! ladegaard success.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
But im not sure if ive lost some of the sparkle/transparancy and replaced it with treble distortion or if im just getting used to the arm
It's remarkable you've mentioned treble distortions. This is exactly what was driving me crazy for quite a long time: slight buzz on top of the loud passages with sharp dynamic attack.
I managed to get rid of it completely in the end. Guess how?
I put my TT on decent sturdy sandbox, made of birch plywood and suspended on three pairs of superstrong neodimium magnets. Buzz is gone forever. The lesson learned (again): your arm is not suspended in free space; everything is mutually depending. The better your arm becomes, the more weak points is being revealed along the whole playback chain.

yeah that figures, its starting to show up issues with my cart to i think.

Interesting support you have going on there. So your levitating a sandbox with magnets? My plinth is birch ply, although im going to make another as im re-designing the TT. I always planned to incorperate a sand box but need to build a decent table first. Any chance of a pic of your magnet set up? I know theres some pretty strong magnets out there these days, but how much weight can they levitate?

Im glad you had the same issues, actually that sounds really harsh. I obviously would have prefered it if you had success the first try, but at least it confirms im not going mad and there is a solution.

Any chance of a pic of your magnet set up?
Here ya go!
Magnets bear the box/TT weight, double o-rings hold it in lateral direction.

Attachments

• platform.jpg
    platform.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 408
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.