TT on the cheap $300.00 - Page 6 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th February 2007, 06:13 PM   #51
diyAudio Member

Seems I guessed wrong..sounds like they improved the arm .

I said earlier that I thought the t-60 was worth 3 bills based on it's performance, I would have to say the t-65 seems so as well..but I haven't personally heard it, so this too is a guess .

-Casey
Old 17th February 2007, 06:34 PM   #52
Kip is offline Kip  United States
diyAudio Member

I purchased it for the buy it now price of $300.00 plus $43.16 shipping. The owner then Emailed me a bill for $374.10. When I called him he said that the extra money was for packaging. I told him that wasn't listed in his EBay add and he proceeded to tell me he puts it in all of his adds. I told him if it was in there I would pay it, if it wasn't he would honor the $343.16. He said ok and checked. He found that it wasn't in the add and said he would contact EBay to see what happened and get back to me tomorrow.

Even when I commit something goes wrong.
Old 17th February 2007, 06:52 PM   #53
diyAudio Member

Damn.

This would raise a flag with me regarding the seller's ethics..your talking less than 10% of the purchase price, and regardless who's at fault, it wasn't you.

Hope it works out.

-Casey
Old 18th February 2007, 02:52 AM   #54
diyAudio Member

Default I know it's a bit out of the way but...

Here in Boston (well, the burbs thereof) on craigslist, some dude is selling a heybrook tt2 with Linn basik LVX or LVV arm for $300. Might email and see if he'd ship. I'd love to see it go to a good home if not mine
Old 18th February 2007, 02:40 PM   #55
widman is offline widman  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Re: I know it's a bit out of the way but...

Quote:
Originally posted by GhettoSQ
Here in Boston (well, the burbs thereof) on craigslist, some dude is selling a heybrook tt2 with Linn basik LVX or LVV arm for $300. Might email and see if he'd ship. I'd love to see it go to a good home if not mine

I've been watching that turntable but can't afford the financial outlay right now.
Old 18th February 2007, 05:59 PM   #56
diyAudio Member

I don't see the heybrook TT just speakers. That sounds like a good price.

I haven't heard back from the T65c guy yet. I guess he is waiting to see what EBay says. This was his last response yesterday "It does say shiping and handling , not shipping including handling, still not sure why it does say how much I entered for handling cost, which is for the packing, hopefully I will hear from eBay soon to explain it to me, I will call you then, thnx, Jeff"

Red flag is up. If I could get the heybrook for $300.00 I am pretty sure I can get out of the T65c purchase. He wants his $30.00 packing fee and it ain't coming from me!

Any link to the heybrook?
Old 18th February 2007, 06:33 PM   #57
diyAudio Member

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/ele/277822494.html

A good deal, wish I needed a TT or a preamp, or a RCM...wait, I do need a RCM, but wifey needs $100 more
Old 18th February 2007, 08:22 PM   #58
widman is offline widman  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
but wifey needs $100 more
This is my problem too. I recently picked up a T55C from Craigslist and I'm about to buy parts for Zaph's L18 speakers. My fun money is gone for the next month or so.
Old 18th February 2007, 08:40 PM   #59
diyAudio Member

Yeah, I just got a new cartridge and some other bits and pieces, so ditto here. Truthfully, that price is a steal but since I already have a Thorens TD-160 and have had such good luck modding it, I'm not sure i would want another sprung belt-drive, even at a steal price. I'd spend $300 on a sl1200 or Lenco instead...still, the heybrook is gorgeous and matches our decor...
Old 18th February 2007, 09:05 PM   #60
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the link. I emailed the guy with the heybrook and waiting for a response. I also emailed the guy with the t65c and asked him what he wanted me to do. I also stated that I was willing to walk away from the deal if he wanted, but I needed to know today. If I can get out of the T65c deal and the guy with the heybrook still has it and is willing to ship it to me, I'll take the heybrook. The guy with the T65c said he would give me an answer today and it is now after 5PM with no answer.

Hide this!Advertise here!