What tonearm is this and how to set it up?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had this old rega planar 2 in my basement. I got it with a pair of speakers I bought ages ago from a guy who got married and his audiophile life ended. Then I more or less forgot about it. even though when i was younger i always wanted one :)
Now its time to refurbish it.

It has this tonearm. i don't know what it is. (sorry for blurry pic) it has a needle point pivot. is it any good? i also have a rega tonearm somewhere loose and im not sure what condition its in but it looks like this one has had special holes drilled for it. i would prefer to leave it on as long as it not a total POS!

Anyways for the anti skating it has a little weight on a piece of fishing line and it touches the plinth of the turntable untill its about half way across the record. obviously it is not correct. if anyone knows what arm this is i would be grateful on any pointer on how to set it up.

Attachments

• tonearm.jpg
    tonearm.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 508
Hiya there is a Hadcock instruction book avaliable from the UK distrubtors www.hiaudio.co.uk this manual covers complete set up and of course some tweaks as well.
This arm is a VERY early aluminium tubed Hadcock! The new ones have a stainless steel armtube and have done away with the compliant rear stub mounting.
Hope this has been usefull to you.
If you have any problems please pm me.
Stewart

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.