Sansui XR-Q7 Turntable Manual - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th December 2006, 09:20 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MosfetOwner

The VTA is adjusted by raising and lowering the rear of the tonearm. This is achieved by turning a small knurled screw on the right hand side of the tonearm base to unlock it, and then pulling up or pushing down on the tonearm at the pivot point. The knurled screw is just to the rear of the black knob for setting anti-skating (see the attached picture). Clamp the tonearm to its rest before you start. Turn the knurled screw anti-clockwise to unlock the height setting adjustment. After setting the height of the tonearm, turn the knurled screw clockwise to lock the setting. The idea is to make the tonearm roughly parallel to the surface of the record. After that, it can only really be set by ear, apparently. However, it's really only a happy compromise, because records vary slightly in thickness.

I wouldn't hold too much hope of finding a manual - the XR-Q7 seems to be pretty rare, and they seem to be offered for sale on Ebay very rarely. If I had an owner's manual, I'd be happy to copy it for you, but I'm in the same boat as you, unfortunately.

Thank you very much for the instructions and picture...I saw the small set-screw on my arm base, but was hoping there was some type of fine vernier adjustment instead...My old Linn LP-12 had the same set-screw mechanism; very awkward and imprecise...

I will keep looking for an Owner's Manual...If I find one, I will be back in touch to provide a scan...
Old 28th December 2006, 09:23 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sreten
http://www.vinylengine.com/library_m...ed_model=XR-Q7

/sreten.

Thanks for the link...I'm already familiar with that excellent web-site, but unfortunately they have no Manual downloads for the XR-Q7...

Hide this!Advertise here!