rewiring a Sony PUA-286 tonearm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi - This is my first post. Recently acquired a Sony TTS 3000a with a PUA-286 and in the process of working on it, totally destroyed the fine wires in the tonearm, which I think were on their way out anyway.

I have no experience doing a rewire and was wondering if anyone knows of a person or place that could do a good job for me.

The other thing I think I need is one of those little weights used when mounting a cartridge, so the tonearm will stay down. Even with the counterweights as far forward as they'll go, the tonearm lifts into the air.

It's a cool turntable and I liked the sound of it (until I screwed it up!!).

I'm attaching a photo of the tonearm, in case anyone is interested.

Thanks!

Attachments

• tts 3000a tone arm compressed.jpg
    tts 3000a tone arm compressed.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 226
eidlinq,I may be able to help with your tonarm counterweight if you give some more details like size,shaft diameter etc,as I have few old parts so if you want let me know.For rewiring your arm contact the van den Hul distributor in the states and surely he can help.Van den Hul has few types of special wires for rewiring like MSS7,MCS300 etc....Hope theese will help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.