diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Analogue Source (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/)
-   -   Finished DIY turntable and arm! (pic) (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/85627-finished-diy-turntable-arm-pic.html)

jugi63 30th August 2006 08:00 PM

Finnished DIY turntable and arm! (pic)

2 Attachment(s)
The arm may not be preforming as good as possible for the construction prinsible, but not bad.. :)
Frank, if you see this, some advice could be well come.. ;)
- jugi

promitheus 30th August 2006 08:07 PM

where is the pic?

jugi63 30th August 2006 11:09 PM

The pic..

2 Attachment(s)
Hope this works now.. should have earlyer..
-jugi

Joseph0 30th August 2006 11:13 PM

very cool. l bet it sounds good. I mean excellent, not average.
whenever I see nice 'tables, my heart aches for a rega9 I sold.

promitheus 31st August 2006 06:16 AM

That´s much better ! ! !
:bigeyes:

wow looks great. It must be very heavy.

IZHAKKATZ 31st August 2006 12:16 PM

Looks great !!

How does it sound?
How about some details: motor and controller type, source of bearing, constriction details....

Can't wait till i get to finish mine- Great job
Ik

jugi63 31st August 2006 01:29 PM

Jep, quite heavy.. the TT and the stone platform are both a little over 15 kilos. Like in the Scheu original there is lead inside the round collar. Only buying lead pebbles would have been quite expensive so I melt down some car/truck tire weights for it. It looked kind of ugly though by its self so I pored some coffee to the sides. :D

The stone platform is actually a gravestone (not a used one though ;) ) Wasn't quite first class so I got it cheap. Also the pillars around the motor are from the same stone worker. They are cutouts of completed gravestones.

The platter, bearing and motor are from Scheu Analog / the arm is of coarse a Schröder copy.
-jugi

jugi63 31st August 2006 07:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
IZHAKKATZ, sounds quite good.. :cool:

In many respects it beats my CDP, a 2k euro player... the TT, cart and also phone pre are still running in - so we'll see.

Also, since I have very little experiance with proper TT:s I'll probably buy a Scheu classic tonearm for some kind of reference. Also I'm thinking of building the Poul Ladegaard's Air Bearing Tangential Tonearm to see if it's a good one. :)

- Jugi

Another picture too..

SunRa 31st August 2006 09:42 PM

Hi,

nice work with the tt :). About the tonearm... is it a clone, or just you used Scheu for inspiration? I mean did you tried to reproduce their magnet bearing? If yes, I'm intersted how it sound, 'cause I'm planing one :)

SisterOfMercy 31st August 2006 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jugi63
The stone platform is actually a gravestone (not a used one though ;) ) Wasn't quite first class so I got it cheap. Also the pillars around the motor are from the same stone worker. They are cutouts of completed gravestones.
That must sound dead ;)

Looks as a very nice turntable, congrats! :up: