Finished DIY turntable and arm! (pic)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Look at what's available in Holland. I think it's available there. I'll check.

edit..too much information. Technical information, that is. ;)

Ok. closest so far, is ATLANTIS artist supplies in the UK.

It's the only one in the market, it is unique. The mix is a cross stressed or cross linked compound, ie, tiny bit of one type of material encapsulated by the resin of the other. Literally a 'water based acrylic urethane' mix. In your house, on a turntable, about a 100 year life span.

So, it's rock hard..and completely flexable. So, it ends up being very, very 'fast'. And your arm will be completely UV resistant. :p

About a week ago, Steve put some on some paintings. It is still shrinking. The paintings are nearly bulletproof now, and the frames are bending so much, they are going to explode from the pressure, as the resin shrinks. They change note, and the pitch of the drum get's higher and tighter every day. It's crazy.

Re: the motor

p_ete2003 said:
Hi Jugi,

nice tt!

I'm interested in the motor you used. I found the Scheu Analog's site but the price list is on German only. Is the motor you ordered this one:

How much was the total cost for motor + shipping to Finland?

Best regards,
Pete

Yes, thats it. It comes with the potentiometers and a good ON-OFF-ON switch (they are already wired in also). So you have both 33 & 45 speeds and they can be easly fine tuned. So all you need to do is attach the power supply. A very basic wall mounted DC power supply works ok - although there are differencies in those too.
Have a look at this months Finnish Hifi magazies - there's an artical about mine.. ;)

Orders from Scheu a cheap. For the motor probably under 10 euros.

- Jugi

p_ete2003 said:
Jugi, thank you for your reply!

Did you consider any other motors before ordering this one? I think I'll read the article in a library;)

Br,
Pete

Well, not really. I have quite a big trust for Scheu's stuff. People with some very expensive equitment seem to like Scheu TT's - and motors.

Maxon was a motor manufature I looked at a bit, but rekoned that the Scheu motor is at least as good. Can't say since I've no experience with Maxon, but as I happens there came a info paper with the Scheu motor where he (Mr. Thomas Scheu has passed away already) compares is motor to the "famous" Maxon and concludes his is better and more simple to run evenly.

The soundscapehifi.com/eurolab.htm -site has some nice info about Scheu (and others) and some it is trancelated in Finnish at: http://www.musiikin.com/scheu-page.htm

- jugi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.