Old cartridges

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a three old cartridges that all need new stylii, and I am wondering which one if any may be worth putting a new stylus into, I am of course after a really good result so cost is not the core issue.

So here is what I have

Pickering V15

Shure M75EM type 2

A and R Cambridge P77

Which is likely to gove the best results? Or should I just buy a new Cartridge, I'd happily spend up to about $250.00 Aus

Whilst all your carts are OK, and might have been worth trying if they worked, none is outstanding enough to bother with - especially as the suspension is likely to have aged.
Since a new stylus will cost almost as much as the complete cart, there's little point in replacing any of them IMO, unless you happen to find a source of very cheap original stylii.

I'd sell them for a few dollars as a job lot on eBay, and put the money towards a replacement such as the Goldring 1042 for example, which will be much better than any of them, even when they were new.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.