Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th July 2006, 06:46 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Hercules PSU

Hi all,

I'm trying to find information on a power supply intended as an upgrade / replacement for Linn's valhalla and targetted at the LP12 which called "Hercules" and comes from either Hong Kong or China.

I'm not actually planning to use it on an LP12 but rather a Systemdek 900 IIX - the motors are very similar and if it works on an LP12 it should work on the Systemdek.

I have found a source in UK but since I live in Abu Dhabi it seems crazy to pay UK price plus the costs of shipping from China to UK and then on to Abu Dhabi so I'm trying to find the original source or at least a HK or China distributor.

Any help - or even alternative suggestions for an high grade psu with 33/45 switching for use with my Systemdek - would be very gratefully received!

Thanks

Dave
Old 12th July 2006, 05:51 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Don't know about the hercules (heard of it, but thats all), but theres instructions for making a diy version of the naim armageddon over on www.pinkfishmedia.net. Made a good improvement to my ariston RD80sl, but doesn't give you 33 and 45 at the flick of a switch.

Fran
Old 13th July 2006, 03:45 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Many thanks Woodturner,

that has given me food for thought - a DIY solution certainly appeals although I'd really like touch of a switch speed change, but then how often do I actually use 45 ?????

this could well be the answer for me
Old 14th July 2006, 06:13 AM   #4
tubenut is offline tubenut  South Africa
diyAudio Member

You can also find a cct diagram for a TAPS there. Looks more interesting to me then a Geddon clone....
Old 14th July 2006, 02:28 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hi Tubenut,

nice site you have there! Thanks for the TAPS pointer, it does indeed look a little more exciting than the geddon clone, think I'll give it a go.
cheers
Dave

Hide this!Advertise here!