sliding needle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
my son just found a realistic turntable that has a built in 8 track and cassette player everthing works put we were listening to an old vinyl when all of a sudden the needle just started to slide all the way to the end of the record it wont play now-----anybody know what happened--- its model # 13-1208 Ibelieve
thanks

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I never had a cheap enough turntable to require that subterfuge, but I remember seeing them around.. ;)

Hifi fanatic from about age 5... Bought my first turntable, a Garrard SP25-MKIV with Goldering magnetic cartridge.. Previous table was a hand me down - an early Garrard RC series stereo changer with various Grado and Shure cartridges. Also had a Philips portable with ceramic cart, it didn't need no stinkin' penny either.. :D

You were way ahead of me. I didn't get into the good stuff untill High School (Garrard with GE magnetic cart) But I DID build my own amp. 12AX7 into 6V6 with RIAA pre.

Many hours of enjoyment while I dreamend about the items in the "Allied Radio" catalog.

But that was back in the late 50s early 60s.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.