Potential TT motors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Currenly I'm looking at all the option for TT motors, one I havn't heard much about is the motors out of high quality Cassette Decks, I have two really good ones, I think they are 12V DC as they come from a very expensive portable player from about 25 yrs ago and I can build a DC motor controller from a kit to use with them if they are OK.

But would they be any good and what speed do they normally operate at, they certainly look beefy enough.

I do have a couple of old TT motors to but in comparison they seem to be poorer quality in terms of bearings and general construction.

Have any of you used the floppy drive motor idea that was noted here some time ago. I tried it with a few old floppy drives but none of them worked. I put ti down to the drives being gone.

Went out at the time and bought a brand new drive, but never got back to trying it out.

Anyone out there done it? how has the experience been?

Fran

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.