Hiraga MC + Pass PSU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear Sirs,

I've found these schematic in the forum, and want to start with it.

Does anybody can give me some information?

I want to substitude the MAT's with matched 2SA1316 and 2SC3329

the jfets are matched 2SK170's.

What do you think about?

For the PSU I want to use the Pearl-PSU, but I would need help to calculate it down to 12 V. Maybe I can get some advice from this great forum?

Thank you

Sam

Attachments

• hiraga4.jpg
    hiraga4.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,393
MASAG
The design you show is not due to Jean Hiraga but to Serge Rabeyrolles. The starting idea was the so called Hiraga's circuit which was a simple common base circuit biased like a current mirror. Here it is. The Rabyerolles's circuit has some negative feedback which makes it having a little more input impedance than the Hiraga's.

Attachments

• prepre_c.gif
    prepre_c.gif
    10 KB · Views: 1,090
Forr,
thank you for taking a look at my thread.

Now I found the original print at Bonavoltas. You are right Forr!

Did you ever listened to Serge Rabeyrolles version of the prepre?

Yesterday I finished my TD160 an plugged it to my Rotel 970 Phono-preamp (my only non-modified part in my audio chain, sound not really good)), and made immediately the decission to start up a new project.

A friend of mine has built a wonderful Hiraga Pre-Pre battery powered, but why not start a new project?

Thanks

Sam

Right at the moment, I'm experimenting with a version of the circuit of the first posting. Im using 2sk389 for the current sources and THAT-corporation 340er transistor die for the current mirrors. And trying 2sc1775/2sa872, zvn3306/zvp3306 and 2sk982/2sj148 as the bipolar driven folded cascodes, all with decent results. Hard to say which sounds really better.

I use a bit different resistor values and no NFB. I'm experimenting with a servo, because the DC wanders a bit, but with no luck so far.

If I cap-couple it, it sounds very nice: both relaxed, serious and very detailed. (with passive riaa and pass/curl/hansen -style open loop second stage).

Rüdiger

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.