Nakamichi LX-3 Problem - Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I bought a mechanics special Nakamichi LX-3.

The problem is the machine powers up just fine but wiil not respond to PLAY, REWIND, FF etc. The central motor that runs the idler wheel (this wheel goes back and forth between the two cassette posts) will turn on for 1 second, then off for 6 seconds. It keeps going on-off in this manner as long as it is powered up.

The stop light also flashes.

Anyone have a clue?

Is there any bulletin board that might (I know about the Naks.com board) be more specialized in this area?

Thank you very much,
Bru

Your problem is quite wierd and probably needing its Micro processor replaced as this symptom is unusual of any Nakamichi deck. This symptom indicates that the Microprocessor is getting initialised ( reset) manytimes. You have to Obtain the Service manual and check some of the locations connected with initial resetting of the Deck or send it to few good Nak techies - you can contact me off this forum if you need that info. Nak decks when powered takes few second reset mode during which only the reel drive motor will try tightening the lose tape and no other function will work.
Your machine is going in to this mode many times!
Kayes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.