Which cartridge suitable for Rega P3/25 TT?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi! Guys,

I think my cartridge just died on me, but need to know any other cartridges will fit the Rega tables without modding the VTA?

Basically the idea is to use a drop in cartridge and not fuss with the TT. I was told the Ortofon MC15 is perfect but I would prefer MM as I am using a DIY Pass Pearl phono stage.

Any experience Rega users care to share?

Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I ended up with an Ortofon MC1 Turbo. It was chosen because it's high ouput MC and the sound mates well the Pearl phono stage, even with the std 47K loading resistor.

Do I need to change it to a 100K resistor for loading?

re Cartridge for rega P3 rega arm

This one is from the past,dont have a rega turntable but do have the
rb-300 arm which is every thing they say it is ecept not with an arm with high compliance, but here is one i do use.

I found an Old Excel es-70 moving magnet which was a common body(severla different models)
but you can put a shibata stylus in it tacks well at 1.25-1.5 grams
and you can get the stylii from Canadian Astatic.com . The stylus is for the ES-70x4 it sounds very smooth and seems to work as to compliance ( i suspect that most late seventies arms on integrated decks were medium mass ie like the rega)
you might get one on Ebay New old stock or second hand the body is the important bit.I like mine>I

hva e bought some mid range Moving Magnets and wondered why they are claimed to be nice sounding,
but they are not in some cases!!!!!( ie when they are a compliance match)

regards fantasia:smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.