Pickering cartridge specs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for the reply. It was made in Plainview, N.Y. and came (very likely) as standard on my Dual 1226 (from 1974).

I have since bought an Ortofon but am keeping the Pickering as it apparently has a reputation for ruggedness and would do well on records not on prime condition. It sounds quite good if not a little sluggish. No wonder as it is built like a tank.

You wouldn't also know the best capacitive loading for an OMB5? Don't know why this info is elusive.

I'll have a think and check my material. But that's pretty old so I'm not overly confident. If you are desparate you can go to technical libraries such as big Uni Engineering Departments and look up back copies of "Audio" and towards the end of teach year (our Spring) they did a big equipment edition which details all the products available in the US with specs*. I have some multi cartridge reviews from HiFinews/RR from that period and I may get lucky. However I am willing to bet a substantial part of my anatomy that it will function best when looking at an input capacitance of 275pf//47k ohms. That capacitance is the wiring and input cap' of the amp' added together.

* I wont be able to do that till after Easter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.