A replacement for Audio Tecnica OC 10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone!

I am currently lookin for a possible replacement cart to my Audio Tecnica OC-10 mc "30th anniversary edition" which I have found to be a very good cart, and also gettin to have some mileage nowdays.
Specially its overall tonality and soundspace matches very well with the rest of my equipment. Only thing I am missing with it is, to say., a certain degree of honesty! It performs music compeletly in its own, very delicate, relaxed, seductive and addictive way which I have sometimes felt being not-so-compeletely-honest-to-the-recording. Tom Waits for example is not always meant to be "amusing" or "relaxed"! That is my only reservation with that Audio Tecnica, whichs overall performace I have found to be very good, and- as I said- also a good match for the rest of the equipment.
I am using a very old Ortofon arm (RF-229?) and a Thorens td124.
Another cart I am on regular basis using is Denon DL103, which IMHO has all the virtues with "honesty to the recording", but also falls quite far from that Audio Tecnica with the rest of that "Hi-fi"-stuff, i e "soundspace, transparency,color,resolution and so on..."

So, opinions? A cart with DL103:s directness and capability to play all kinds of music and with that Audio tecnicas colour, soundspace, and tone? And not much over 1KEuros?

....and thanks for reading this far ! :D

Mika

...and more, for some - unknown - reason I also happen to have a Benz MC silver. I think it is boring! And far too "hi-fi!"
Compared to that AT it is as a half-decent SS compared to a good 2A3!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.