Thorens TD165 - and parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a TD165 with a cracked lid (hinge corner, no surprises there), a looseish belt and no anti-skate counterweight.

Can anyone help me find a belt and a/s weight please? Also, I have no idea how good a turntable this is, apart from the fact that it bears the venerable Thorens name. Is it worth restoring to it's former glory? All works fine otherwise and it's in nice condition.

I'm assuming the stylus is none too special, so what would be an ideal cartrige for this deck?

Many thanks in anticipation, Rob

The Thorens TD 165 is almost identiucal to the TD 160. It uses the same belts which are avaliable from Thorens direct. If you have any difficulty get in touch with Mark Baker of Origin Live he may be able to supply a new belt for you.
I have a couple of thorens turntables and always clean the belt in a bath of methelated spirit. Remember not to leave the belt immersed for longer than ten minutes! This may solve your problem.
Another point to be borne in mind is that the drive surfaces should be as clean as possible! You could always take a look at the anologue dept website.This is a site run by thorens enthusiasts and is full of usefull information.
Good luck
Stewart

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.