RB250 or 300??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
I haven't looked closely to compare, but I am told that the bearing assembly on the 300 is supported from one side only, whereas the 250 is supported on both sides. If true, the 250 would be the better bet. I also note that there are any number of mods available for the 250...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Because of the rotatable tracking force adjustment set by spring
on the RB300 they are not the same. The "yoke" on the RB250
is one piece, on the RB300 is appaears to be two pieces.

Though for sure the armtubes are identical.

:)/sreten.

The 300 supposedly has better quality bearings and the spring applied stylus pressure helps to ride warps. If you do not like the spring method you can turn it all the way up and effectively out of operation and set force by moving the copunterweight with a gauge....
I believe good value is the RB300 with the tungsten counterweight and stub. Available on request from Rega and from Moth.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.