Raspy mids from TT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am having a problem with vocals getting raspy from my LP’s. It’s not bad on every recording but is on a majority of them. I replaced my Pro-Ject phono box with a recently built VSPS with equal (maybe worse) results. Is there any way to narrow this down to worn needle or improper loading on the cart, anything else it could be. I have tried swapping cables and inputs which didn’t help and my CD’s sound fine.

It’s a B&O RX2 TT with a MM3 cart. I don’t have a spare cart or turntable I can borrow and would hate to spend $$ on a new cart when I can keep saving for a new TT, especially if all I needed was a $.05 cap to load the cart properly.

Thanks,
Rick

Time to start thrift diving :D

You need to look out for the usual suspects (Thorens etc) as they do turn up occaisionally, or older japanese TTs.

Sony (old) are great, as are Trio (Kenwood), and Pioneer - the PL12D is a fabulous piece of kit once properly set up.

Have fun, and dont spend more than $50 .. :)

Owen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.