Congrats Dice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Penguin said:
Cool place you got here.

Welcome... enjoy & we hope to benefit from your contributions.

It's not really Dice's place -- it is the place of all the members. Jason -- Uberfanatic -- is the one responsible for creating it in the 1st place. On Dice just follows the responibility of making the hard moderating descisions.

dave

Tounge and cheek

Dice has sent me a note a long time ago about the possibility of starting an analogue/tt forum here. I am glad it happened. Did not try to imply that it was his place, but he had the motivation to talk to people about it. It is a good thing.

dee
;-D

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Tounge and cheek

Penguin said:
Dice has sent me a note a long time ago about the possibility of starting an analogue/tt forum here.... but he had the motivation to talk to people about it. It is a good thing.

Yes, it is. Even thou i had signed up to answer a few t-line questions i didn't start coming regularily until Dice enticed me to. He is a pillar of the community. :)

dave

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
When I woke up this morning, I heard a disturbing sound.

And I just give Dice45 most of the hard moderating descisions to
make.

Slide on down to the Triple Rock and catch Reverend Cleophis. You boys listen to what he's got to say.

Have you seen the Light?

Attachments

• brown.jpg
    brown.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 356
Thanxalot, folks :cloud9:

Oh, and, it really is everybody's place.
As far as TT matters are concerned, i am just another member trying to help and to learn.

Welcome back, Penguin! :)

Patents: i haven't seen anything in the DIY TT thread infringing WTT patents.

Hmmmh, talking people into joining us, i have talked David Shreve into joining already and if this "§$%"§$"§$ !! moderator job will give me time enough, i can answer his QQ concerning description of his modifcations/rebuild action of the Rabco SL-8. His Rabco is said to outperform a well-adjusted Goldmund T3B.

Today i talked loudspeaker guru Jean-Michel LeCleac'h into joining. Let's see what he has to tell, mainly on horns and uncommon vented bass enclosures.
I got cheekpatting from him today :cheerful:, he listened to my system and was very pleased. He said my Fertins sound very balanced, a bit dark ,very musical and do not sport most of typical FR flaws and would have enormous potential; only minor changes are necessary IHO.

Great guys

Planet, Dice

The reason i brought up Well Tempered because some of Bill Firebaugh's ideas are well suited for a DIY TT. The center bearing design would limit the weight of the platter one can use but you can make a very cog free bearing with his five point bearing. The WTA is a DIY dream one can cobble up one without a lot of specialized tools. Who knows one can probably improve on the original design. I do not think transparent put a lot of effort into it lately. As soon as i get into a low i may start working on an Extremely Well Tempered Design :)

Just a thought.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.