Merrill Turntable and Mods Pages Unveiled

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

I am pleased and proud to present the addition of several pages devoted to George Merrill and his work with turntables. As the rest of the Vinyl Nirvana site has done for AR turntables, I hope that these pages can become a one-stop helpful resource for owners of Merrill turntables and Merrill mods, as well as a place for those interested to learn more about George Merrill's (underappreciated?) advances to better sound in turntables.

It is my hope this portion of the site will continue to expand. One thing just around the corner is a detailed photo-shoot of my personal Merrill Heirloom and Merrill Modded AR turntables.

Don't hesitate to use the contact link on the site to offer feedback, ask a question, or contribute information.

Enjoy,

Dave

http://www.vinylnirvana.com/ar_merrill.shtml

New table?

Is George planning a new table? He was planning to get one out about 5 years ago also. That one was a 1,000.00 or so. He could have sold more than he could make. But most likely would have still lost money. Tooling costs are a killer.
Love my AR ES-1 table with the Merrill mods. Got the DC supply and motor, platter, subchassis, outer clamp, and springs. The outer clamp is what set it above most of the other small suspended tables.
He might not have been first with the outer clamp, but convinced me. I stopped in Underground Sound on a trip to Memphis and left with the new clamp and matching platter. It sold me on using an outer clamp.

George

George and Anthony Scillia have a new table due out in early spring, maybe as early as January. They have formed M-S Research, LTD. The new table will be called the MS-1. In my conversations with George and Anthony, it sounds like it will be quite a table. I have a few details about it in the interview with George.

I agree with your assessment of the outer ring/clamp. Wow, what a difference.

I would love to get pics of your dc motor drive...it seems there were many incarnations of that. Use the email at my site.

Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.