TT drive belts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need to sort out a drive belt for my DIY TT. It will run around the outside of the platter and the motor pully will be about 39-40mm diameter. Total length works out at about 990mm.

The closest I have found is 950 x 6.5mm and I am assuming that this is going to put to much strain on the motor bearings.

Has any one got any ideas? Could I make a round section belt? The motor pully is a deecent size so I presume it would not put to much strain on a glued joint.

I have read about making them out of recording tape, but I dont want to go to the hassle of spring mounting the motor on a sled. Is this always nessesary when useing tape?

Any advice greatfully received as it has me a little stumped at the moment. I would prefer to source parts in the UK if possible.

Paul.

I have read about making them out of recording tape, but I dont want to go to the hassle of spring mounting the motor on a sled. Is this always nessesary when useing tape?
No, you do not need any sled/lateral adjustment mechanism, providing your motor housing is massive enough (the more the better, but about 3-5 kg is OK), to rely solely upon friction force between it and underlying shelf. It works for every Teres-like TT.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.