Thorens TD135 / TD124 Capacitor Query

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm currently rennovating and modifying an old thorens td135 (little brother of the TD124) and have come up against a small problem. The capacitor connected across the motor terminals is partially melted and measures a really low value. Remarkably, the motor is still running well, but I was going to replace it to be on the safe side. Does anyone know what value/type of cap I should use? I can't find any info on the web, and unfortunately it's melted where the value was written!

A picture of the old cap's attached.

I've noticed from the result of my web searches that the TD124 uses a resistor as well as a cap in the PSU circuit. Would this kind of circuit be worth implementing in the 135, or shall I stick to the original for the sake of simplicity. If it sounds any good once I've finished the plinth etc. I might consider some sort of external "armageddon" type PSU.

Any thoughts and help would be much appreciated!

Tom

Yes, I beg your pardon, that's the one, across the switch. Just had a look in another TD135 and it's got the following markings:

630V--d
665 - A
FZNT
61/7

I'm still none the wiser as to what this means in terms of modern/conventional values. The one in mine is a different cap, rated 1000v, but the microfarad rating is melted. Any help would be much appreciated!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.