adding a line out to a portable deck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a mono portable record player, powered by batteries with a built in speaker and vol control.
I was wondering if anyone here would know how i would go about adding a diy phono (line) out to it.
i thought about unsoldering the speaker wires, and resoldering them to a phono socket, but thought that it may blow anything i try and connect the deck to, (I have an audio pro sampler which the deck would go "in" to).
Any suggestions?

thanks in advance for any help

Thanks for your reply, however you must excuse me, I have little audio /electronic knowledge.

What exactly do you mean? is it possible for you to suggest exact placement for the wire solders?

If i did solder the phono socket from the speaker connections, would there be any chance of damaging anything if i plugged the line out into another unit?
What are the benefits of soldering "across the pot".

thanks v much for your help

Lester

Hi Lester,
You'd be unlikely to damage anything by using the speaker connection, but the volume control connection will be at a more suitable level, have a lower noise level, and allow you to monitor the output with the speaker using the volume control to adjust monitor level whilst having a constant level to your output line.
If you could post a circuit or photograph of the inside of your record player, it will be easier to suggest how to make your connections.
Cheers,
Dave.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.