QSX Mark III "normal" phono amp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th September 2002, 12:19 PM   #1
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Default QSX Mark III "normal" phono amp

Hi!

New nice pcb's of my "normal" phono amp will arrive in a week or two. Those who don't laugh at me please go on reading. The other ones, stop reading at once. It's bad for your health!

The amp is a blueprint of the application note from LT. Those of you who really want to make this amp exactly as the original can do that. In order to please myself I have made a few enhancements.

Any (almost) opamp will fit including offset adjustment and DC-servo.

The buffer is the LT1010 but for conveinience (wrong spelling?) I have made room for a convential buffer with transistors.

On the board there are also regulators and rectifiers so 2 x 18-24 VAC/DC is all you need.

If anybody wants to build this amp before I have debugged the pcb's feel free to do so.

http://www.linear.com/prod/datasheet.html?datasheet=202

I have also a bunch of LT1028 (better DC specs than LT1115) for sale.
Old 24th September 2002, 05:13 PM   #2
artnyos is offline artnyos  United States
Banned

Default SPAM!

Now he is SPAMING over at AA

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/twe...ges/68826.html
Peranders, you are shameless. you could at least post this stuff in the Trading Post forum.

Art
Old 24th September 2002, 05:45 PM   #3
paulb is offline paulb  Canada
diyAudio Member

I didn't read it as a sales pitch at all, just the comment about opamps at the end. I didn't follow the AA link.
peranders has shared a lot of his designs here, I for one have appreciated them.
Old 24th September 2002, 06:55 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

It's a way of getting attention and I succeed. I myself gets very happy when I see others showing their work how "ugly" they may be. I know the feeling in doing something and make it working.

I had my thrill when I listened to my monster phono amp for the first time. I will soon have more thrills, I hope. I'm also honoured that Mr. "The one and only" have some respect for me despite the complexity in what I do.
Old 24th September 2002, 08:27 PM   #5
dice45 is offline dice45  Germany
diyAudio Member

Art,
methinks this is not a hard case of spamming. maybe a border case. And what he does at AA, i really do not have time and nerves to survey that, besides it is none of my business.

What happens concerning the other diyAudio email i have in my inbox waiting, i decide that tomorrow when i got some sleep and my eyes are no longer bloodshed, ok?

Oh, and keeping the moderator busy also is an offense.

Peranders,
ok as i have been asked, could you please avoid advertising for your products except in the the trading post board.
Old 24th September 2002, 09:08 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dice45
Peranders,
ok as i have been asked, could you please avoid advertising for your products except in the the trading post board.
Oki, doki.

Hide this!Advertise here!