Cartridge for Michell Tecnodec with a Rega RB300

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have heard the 10x5 on a rega 3 I used to own and was not a huge fan.... A little lean and not special compared to my Karma.

I have just received my denon dl103 and it is on my linn axis / akito and I really like it. It is cheap!! It is a low output mc so you need a pre capable of doing this...

The highest highs are not quite there and microdynamics are not its forte but it tracks well has lovely tone punch and enthusiasm and really is a bargain.

I like it more then the 10x5 by far and does many things better then the Karma. I need to stick some forward sounding cables on my phono pre and I am sure that will lift the high frequencies a little.

www.audiocubes.com has the 103. I almost bought it, or the 103R from them, or their other site, audiocubesII.

I ended up buying a dynavector 20-xl, I think I got a good deal, from a guy on audiogon.

Someone from europe also sells them on ebay, and these guys are in canada, and had a good price
http://www.lowtherclub.com/

Good luck,
Randy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.