JBE Series 3 TT, anybody have one?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A friend has asked me to have a look at the JBE deck he got somewhere... Sadly he has not got the powersupply for the unit.
It is a direct drive design. There are 5 wires coming from the motor unit and there appear to be 2 pots to trim 33 and 45 rpm speed.
Any help would be appreciated. I would like to build a motor control (hoefully just a PSU) for my friend.

Thank all
Guillaume

Are you still interested in the JBE motor control?
I've just successfully revived one after considerable trial n error. The original controller was lost a long time ago.
Give me your email address and I'll send you a hand drawn schematic of my successful circuitry. Its nothing more than box with DIY 18VDC fixed regulated PSU, one 2k pot and rocker switches all mounted in a nice box.

Jbe series 3 power supply

Are you still interested in the JBE motor control?
I've just successfully revived one after considerable trial n error. The original controller was lost a long time ago.
Give me your email address and I'll send you a hand drawn schematic of my successful circuitry. Its nothing more than box with DIY 18VDC fixed regulated PSU, one 2k pot and rocker switches all mounted in a nice box.

Hi Coolmaster,

I was very interested in seeing an old message you had posted , I have a Jbe deck minus its supply , could you be so kind as to email a copy of your drawing showing the circuit for the supply unit , I would be most gratefull if this was possible regards Richard.

richard-foulkes@hotmail.co.uk

Hi Coolmaster,

I was very interested in seeing an old message you had posted , I have a Jbe deck minus its supply , could you be so kind as to email a copy of your drawing showing the circuit for the supply unit , I would be most gratefull if this was possible regards Richard.

richard-foulkes@hotmail.co.uk

Give me a bit of time. Its been quite a long time ago and I'll try to recompile the info based on what I did. I actually sorted out the matter for someone who owned this deck (minus the PSU entirely). But then it was never really completed as the owner decided to dispose the deck before I could finalize it.

Hi guys, I've found the service manual and schematic for the Lenco L830DD/L833DD which I used as a reference and basis in sorting out the power supply for this JBE long ago.
It appears this deck uses the same motor as the JBE Series 3. I achieved success by simply rigging it up temporarily but as mentioned earlier,the owner decided to dispose of it before I could complete it entirely. It appeared to be functioning well.
The manual shows a regulated DC supply to the motor. I didn't use any DC regulation during the test phase (but more or less within a tolerable DC voltage)and it worked.
This is all I can help. Forward me your email and I'll send the pdf manual along. Its a 12mb file.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.