Really, really extreme phono, more extreme than mine - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th September 2002, 08:21 PM   #31
diyAudio Senior Member

Mister Hagerman,

The short answer is:I won't buy the Boulder gear.Period.
I consider you to be a very well trained person and if CE is stopping you that's your choice.
Being a European I can only say this:this is one of the toughest markets to penetrate.Once you gain acceptance though it's your playing field.Besides there are a myriad of ways to get around,so give it a go.
I think you deserve it.

Sincerely,

Old 21st September 2002, 04:14 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

Default xtreme phono

I like the 'La Boheme'.... Reminds me somewhat of a a phono preamp in Positive Feedback a number of years ago, balanced input thorugh an instrumentation amp, a TI? INA03??? driving a passive RIAA equilization to an op amp. There is a TI differential amp, THS4031, that facinates me on its technical implmetation (really spiffy way of dealing with CMRR and setting dc operating point), but I've no idea as to how the chip actually sounds -

http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/produc...Number=THS4131
Old 24th September 2002, 08:06 PM   #33
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

I read today at AA about the Musical Fidelty's X-LP. NE5532 in a rather expensive amp??? Is it worth the money I wonder? Anyone who has more circuit details, even a schematic?

NAD PP-1 has also a NE5532 (or was it NE5534?) to one third of the price. OK, not so fancy box.
Old 23rd October 2002, 12:53 AM   #34
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Hagtech,

AFAIK, you do not need a CE approval to ship into Europe, but if you had a European distributor who then sold on the products they would then have to be approved. It is a standard required for European companies only, and If you comply with your local standards, shipping in for private use is ok, as long as they are then not sold on commercially.

Hope this helps...
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 23rd October 2002, 12:59 AM   #35
diyAudio Senior Member

Hi Bertrand,

That is correct as far as I'm up to date with those laws.
The only thing they need to do really is make a 240VAC primary available for the products.(an autodetect would be fine too)
Shouldn't be too difficult,I reckon.

Personally I quite like the filosophy behind the company and would welcome the product range in Europe.

Cheers,

Hide this!Advertise here!