The Phonoclone and VSPS PCB Help Desk

Manufacturers make no claims about the linearity outside of when the cartridge is used with its recommended loading.

"zero impedance" is not zero, the cartridge always sees it's own impedance. The load resistance is added to this value. This flattens the frequency response by swamping the effect of the cartridge inductance.

LM7812/7912 are very good for this phono..
For C8-C11 is better 1uF polyester, there is no use of electrolytic capacitor..
For C3 use MKP..

Attachments

• pc28c.png
    pc28c.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 232
Thanx, Eagle signalised something wrong but traces are good.. this is your original board, I use it because phono works very nice with LM7812/7912..

There is final version, 100 Ohms load is optimal for most cartridges.. gain is 64 dB, enough for my amp but who wants more it is better to change R3 than R4..

First chip is LT1028 and I will try LT1115, but dont expect any difference... second chip is LT 1028 but this is not so important like first one.. thinking about LME 49710 for second..

Attachments

• pc28a.jpg
    pc28a.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 210
  • PHONO.png
    PHONO.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 206
Simply because 3 nF is not a standard part value, and its more efficient to buy lots of a single value rather than small quantities of several different parts.

/R

Thanks Richard. Digikey has the 3nF from the same manufacturer as you specify in your BOM with the same tolerance and lead spacing as the 1nF and I'll save myself about $10 which I can spend on possibly upgrading the coupling cap's. Philip