The Phonoclone and VSPS PCB Help Desk - Page 53 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st February 2007, 03:22 PM   #521
diyAudio Member

quote:

P.S. Let us know how you make out with Olimex.

I sent an email order to fastpcb@Olimex.com but todate have not received a reply! I'm thinking maybe it's because I did not "print, fill and sign PO form" of which I am totally clueless!! What PO form? What am I missing here?

In my email I ordered:

Qty 1 SSS (VSPS 17a 10mil final.brd x4) re-order RM270606

Should this have been sufficient to start the ball rolling?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

btw, for reference, the following is taken from the Olimex "How To Order" webpage:

NOTE for existing customers:

If your card info is not changed since your last order you can send your po to us by e-mail. Please print, fill and sign PO form, in card info field write previous PO#, card exp date and card cvc code. NOTE: if you send your po form by fax (not by e-mail) you must fill it completely! PO forms received by fax without card info will not be processed.

We accept Visa, EC/MC, Western Union money orders, T/T to bank account.
NOTE: we can't charge VISA ELCTRON cards. Paypal doesn't support Bulgarian merchants.
Due to the high cost of sending and accepting bank T/T wire transfers, any orders paid by T/T will be subject to a $40 wire handling fee.

Many thanks.
Old 1st February 2007, 11:49 PM   #522
rjm is offline rjm  Japan
Richard Murdey
diyAudio Member

esplanade,

Please read the Olimex FAQ on their website very carefully. They automatically delete orders from anonymous email domains like yahoo, hotmail etc. Could this be the problem?

Also you have to send your email with the following format:

1. Name: <enter your name>

2. Company: <enter your company or none>

3. Billing address: <where invoice to be sent>

4. Shipping address: <where boards to be sent>

5. Shipping option: <airmail, Express mail, Courier - please check if Express mail is available to your country>

6. Order: <number and types of panels, for instance DSS 1 pce>

7. For all orders from Europe Union valid EU VAT ID. Our web prices are export prices without VAT included, if the order comes from Europe Union and the recipient doesn't provide valid EU VAT ID we must charge 20% Bulgarian VAT above the order value. This apply *ONLY* for orders from European Union.

8. Notes: <anything you want to tell us, for instance: I want these boards with 0.8 mm thickness>

R

Cukkurullo,

Doh, my email must have totally come across the wrong way! I'm very pleased you report your experience with LT1085 and tantalum caps here.
Old 2nd February 2007, 01:25 AM   #523
diyAudio Member

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the purchase order format - I have followed it exactly, and sent another email, hopefully this time it's OK...

btw, I did spot the anonymous email issue, and made sure to use my ISP email address on both occasions. I will let you know how it works out. Thanks.
Old 2nd February 2007, 06:11 PM   #524
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I've built recently VSPS using modified Veteran boards with all critical components connected p2p underneathe the chip. I also omitted some output resistors. The chip is OPA627, all caps BG, resistors are Caddocks, regulators LM2990/2937. It worked pretty well by itself, but it's really good with S&B TX 103 in step up (with Shelter 901).
Peter,

Could you post a schematic of your version of VSPS, and photos.

Thanks,
Ray Simmons.
Old 2nd February 2007, 09:22 PM   #525
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Quote:
Originally posted by RAYSIMMONS
Could you post a schematic of your version of VSPS, and photos.
Here is the photo. It basically shares only RIAA components with VSPS, everything else is different (besides some resistor similarities). I used Veteran boards, but all critical circuitry is p2p, underneath the board.

I will post schematic soon. As I mentioned somwhere else, I've also built Ono, but somehow the OPA627 circuit sounded nicer to me. I didn't try to optimize Ono yet though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vsps.jpg (95.5 KB, 826 views)
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 2nd February 2007, 10:19 PM   #526
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
I posted the schematic here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...20#post1123520
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 6th February 2007, 02:28 PM   #527
Ralph is offline Ralph  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Question about the PSU for the PhonoClone. I built mine with a 2x15V 50VA transformer. V+ is 22Vdc, V- is -22Vdc referenced to COM. Sounds okay.

Now I connected a LED so I could see if the PSU is switched on. It's a green LED, If 25mA, Vf 2.1V. I connected it to V+ and COM using a 820R resistor. LED works. But .... V+ drops to about 14Vdc. V- stays at -22Vdc. Current is around 15mA. Can anyone explain the V+ drop?

Ralph
Old 6th February 2007, 04:29 PM   #528
rjm is offline rjm  Japan
Richard Murdey
diyAudio Member

You have to measure voltages with the phonoclone circuit attached to the power supply, since the power supply itself has no filter capacitance.

/R
Old 6th February 2007, 04:29 PM   #529
troystg is offline troystg  United States
diyAudio Member

Turn the LED around and connect it accross the v- side and see if it drops accordingly..
Old 6th February 2007, 05:13 PM   #530
Ralph is offline Ralph  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Turn the LED around and connect it accross the v- side and see if it drops accordingly..
Yes it does. V- drops to -14Vdc. V+ is 22Vdc again.

Quote:
You have to measure voltages with the phonoclone circuit attached to the power supply, since the power supply itself has no filter capacitance.
I measured again, this time at the Vin of the LM317/LM337. With the LED connected the voltage drops insignificantly (0.2Vdc). So I guess this behavor confused me. Didn't think about measuring the circuit instead of the PSU itself. Thanks!

Hide this!Advertise here!