musical fidelity kw phono schematic here...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
partially, check out the analog devices datasheet, and compare with mf's input.

I know the mf uses AD chips, ssm2019 and 2210 I believe.

also switchable iec, so my guess is they have used circuit 1 and tagged a bit on the end.

http://www.datasheetarchive.com/datasheet/pdf/22/2268.html

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/mf/en/Products/kW/kWPhonoStage

EC8010 said:
I once had a Musical Fidelity Digilog D/A convertor. MF wouldn't give me a diagram, so I traced it out myself and found that it was a hotch-potch of IC manufacturers' application notes...

Well considering most DAC chips and DIRs nowadays are self contained this is of no surprise. Most just require a clock, data input and an IV stage. Unless you are going to use some complicated resampling or DSP to make CD a wonder format theres not much to a dac at all.

I bulit my DAC using tech sheets and MWP's shemematic, I could not be more pleased with the result, which is of no surprise considering the manufacturers are the people who are going to know how to make their chip work best.

Where I imagine most MF design comes in, is in the output stage and power supply. Nuvistas and choke regulation galore etc.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
5th element said:
... considering the manufacturers are the people who are going to know how to make their chip work best.

You'd think that, wouldn't you? But if you give it a little more thought, you realise that the circuits that the IC manufacturers are going to provide are ones that will work in any situation, not necessarily the best for a particular application.

hi Did anyone save that application note?

or which one was it, I have lost mine and will try to obtain it again.

The link doesn't work anymore, it hasn't for some time, I am convinced it is the musical fidelity, and they have tried to stop people from seeing it.
They are like that.

please reply, need to obtain again,

thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.