Professional to Consumer line level converion and back!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OOps I accidently posted this to Digital section.

Hi all,

I am new to playing in the audio / video world :) so forgive me if I ask dumb questions! :).

Currently I am using a TI AIC23 ( http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tlv320aic23b.pdf ) audio codec with consumer line level inputs and outputs.

What I need to do is make a PCB that will convert these I/O's to interface with Professional equipment (+4dbu).

So I need to PAD the input to the codec (Professional line level ----> Consumer line level) and then I need
to amplify the output of the codec (Consumer line level ----> Professional line level)

Of course this all needs to fit on a PCB 3" x 3" and be low noise! :)

anyone have any ideas?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Schematics on the inet or readily available

Hello ban25,

I did something similar some years ago when I needed to run some 25 mts of audio cable - line level - from one room to another. You may try some googling under unbalanced to balanced audio driver or ... converter/circuit.
I have somewhere a link... Anyway, the 2 circuits consist of an unb/bal conv. and vice-versa; they are built around op-amps TL071/72 types and if powered by dual +/- 18 volts it gives a nice headroom. Like that the cable run can go up to 200 mts (yes you need to make the ft! conv. - SI applies!) You can also go the expensive way and get those modules from www.rdl.net (radio design labs, USA)

Good luck in your projects.

Mario

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.