SME 3009-s2 on my transcriptors hydraulic reference?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not a lot of effort from what i recall. You'll need to cut a new armboard (was the original acrylic?) and that's about it. The original armboard used some rubbery mount to the acrylic - you may experiment with a firmer connection as well.

Is your S2 Improved? If not your range of carts could include moving coils as well. The Denon 103 seems a classic match. It just might sound a bit thin on the Transcriptor.

The Denon 103 seems a classic match. It just might sound a bit thin on the Transcriptor.

What has the tt drive system to do with sounding thin?
Or do you mean to say that systems sound only "thick" when induced rumble lets them reproduce that too?
Or what do you want to say with a statement like that?

If you eliminate rumble and have speed stability - what else is there to influence the arm?cartridge system?

BTW - the next upgtade to my transcriptors will be an airbearing linear arm. Any pivoted arm is a second grade soulution in my experience.

Anyway, otherwise analog is right - just get the proper armboard, but consider having one made from more substantial material than the original acrylic,which - mine has been gone for so long - was rather flimsy. Alu comes to mind.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.