Rewire Project RMP9 tonearm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There is nothing wrong with the original wire because it is brand new. I read through some threads and noticed that the rewiring can bring better effects, especially with those more expensive tonearm wires. In this respect, I look forwad to upgrade the original wire with a better one and that's why I look for opinions.

On page 2 of Percy catalog, it says:

"Acrotec: 99.99997% (6N) purity stress free copper wire from Nippon Mining, Japan *18ga stranded wire with a blue PVC jacket… $4.95 per foot (50'+ -10%)
*40µ (4.2Ω/ft.) copper wire with polyester varnish insulation. Many people believe this to be the best wire available for rewiring tonearms or any application given a sufficient
number of paralleled strands. For most tonearms parallel about 15 ccw wound strands of this superfine wire, or use fewer for ultra delicate applications, difficult to work with
but incredible performance… 85¢/foot. Deduct 10% for 100+ feet, 20% for 250+ feet."

I never tried it though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.