Rewire Project RMP9 tonearm - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th March 2005, 05:15 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Rewire Project RMP9 tonearm

I just bought a Project RMP-9XP and wish to rewire the tonearm with a better wire. Is there any suggestion? Would it be difficult to rewire a tonearm?
Old 6th March 2005, 09:15 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to AudioOrigami Send a message via Skype™ to AudioOrigami
is the wireing faulty? and is it external wire or internal?
external is a lot easyer to DIY

i ask because DIY rewireing can sometimes coss hum /hasstle problems ...so if its working atm ...

the cost off top class cable is high and most rebuilders only charge few quid extra labour

best wishes for now
j7
Old 9th March 2005, 12:15 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

There is nothing wrong with the original wire because it is brand new. I read through some threads and noticed that the rewiring can bring better effects, especially with those more expensive tonearm wires. In this respect, I look forwad to upgrade the original wire with a better one and that's why I look for opinions.
Old 9th March 2005, 01:11 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
On page 2 of Percy catalog, it says:

"Acrotec: 99.99997% (6N) purity stress free copper wire from Nippon Mining, Japan *18ga stranded wire with a blue PVC jacket… $4.95 per foot (50'+ -10%)
*40µ (4.2Ω/ft.) copper wire with polyester varnish insulation. Many people believe this to be the best wire available for rewiring tonearms or any application given a sufficient
number of paralleled strands. For most tonearms parallel about 15 ccw wound strands of this superfine wire, or use fewer for ultra delicate applications, difficult to work with
but incredible performance… 85¢/foot. Deduct 10% for 100+ feet, 20% for 250+ feet."

I never tried it though.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC

Hide this!Advertise here!