Technics SL7 turntable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I received a turntable that needs a cartridge which I can locate, the problem is that on this Technics SL7, there is a small screw that goes thru the tone arm and holds the cartridge in place. I need help with the type and size of that small screw. thank you for any help with this problem ----

This is a tough one, I'm afraid, as the screw has two different thread sizes on it. I very, very much doubt you'll get one of these from anywhere else besides another Technics T4P deck, and I'm not sure if all their decks use the same screw type. I'd imagine that all their linear trackers do.

The deck should still work without the screw as the cartridge is normally quite a tight fit in the end of the tone arm. It's worth persisting with though, as the SL-7 really is quite a decent deck.

Which cartridge will you be using with it?

Cheers, Jon.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.