I'm getting custom acrylic plinths made for the Planar 3. Who wants one?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I do not want to make any money on this, I just want to reduce the setup charge for the machining.

I am using 1.5" thick clear acrylic with the same length and width of a standard rega plinth. My cost on the acrylic was $155.

The plinth will have the standard rega 222mm arm spacing, and machined aluminum top and bottom covers for the motor. The top will be recessed for the cover and will attach with machine screws. The power cord will exit through the bottom plate. The back will have 4 machined holes for the dust cover bracket, and there will be no provision for the power switch (I thought it would look ugly with the clear acrylic). I had the tonearm hole cut for the express machining VTA adjuster, so there will be enough clearance to fit it. No feet. You will have to supply your own cones, or something.

Setup charge was $265, and an additional $25 for the metal parts.

Total cost was $445.

For every person that wants one, the setup charge will effectively be cut in half. For example:

2 people will be: $312.50 total
3 people will be: $268.25 total
ETC.

Please reply if you are interested.

Matt

Got it done! I'm very happy with the sound, and the machining came out great.

large.jpg

large.jpg

Rega 3 plinth dimension

Hi Matt,

Im in the process of getting parts together to build a Rega 3 with a slate base.

Would you be so good as to post the exact dimensions needed to do so?

ie: 1.exact distance from spindle/motor to arm (is it 222mm?); hole diameter/motor housing sizes etc

I am going to have one solid base/plinth, with an RB250 arm with a Michel tecnoweight and silver litz internal to rca plug wiring with acrylic base, Airpax motor and ceramic bearing.

Thanks

Regards

TS

I do not want to make any money on this, I just want to reduce the setup charge for the machining.

I am using 1.5" thick clear acrylic with the same length and width of a standard rega plinth. My cost on the acrylic was $155.

The plinth will have the standard rega 222mm arm spacing, and machined aluminum top and bottom covers for the motor. The top will be recessed for the cover and will attach with machine screws. The power cord will exit through the bottom plate. The back will have 4 machined holes for the dust cover bracket, and there will be no provision for the power switch (I thought it would look ugly with the clear acrylic). I had the tonearm hole cut for the express machining VTA adjuster, so there will be enough clearance to fit it. No feet. You will have to supply your own cones, or something.

Setup charge was $265, and an additional $25 for the metal parts.

Total cost was $445.

For every person that wants one, the setup charge will effectively be cut in half. For example:

2 people will be: $312.50 total
3 people will be: $268.25 total
ETC.

Please reply if you are interested.

Matt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.