Mayware Formula 4 Uni-Pivot arm

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
I had not realised it was possible to make an arm that satisfies technical requirements yet looks ugly. That Viper arm has been hit very hard with the ugly stick, but I'm prepared to bet it sounds good. I have done a similar thing to the Pug with that extended plate; not a good idea because it flexes and it's difficult to obtain a rigid low mass bond to the tube. Carbon fibre might look nice, but unless you use it imaginatively (Viper) it's little better than aluminium.

hi guys I'm about to install a formula V on a Lenco with upgrade, the first one was on gyrodec, it was sold in pairs years ago, as a fluid I had simple oil, reading correct or incorrect information, it seems that the fluid must balance the dynamics of the turntable, the lenco, having a lot of them, I wonder what density (cst) of silicone oil I should use, I know it also depends on the cartridge, but a starting point, if anyone has experience with Lenco Mayware coupling, it would be appreciated 😅

Hi,
No Lenco here I’m afraid, but I use 600,000 cSt on a Technics deck.
The DL103 (I know it shouldn’t work, right?) rides about anything, even end of sides. The arm is absolutely stable and bass quality is superb, against all odds – everybody told me it wouldn’t work, but it does.

No Lenco here I’m afraid, but I use 600,000 cSt on a Technics deck.
thanks for your experience, how much did you put in half a cup?
The DL103 (I know it shouldn’t work, right?
many use it on that arm, with weight forward it goes 12/13 grams of mass, the counterweight is generous, the arm is well built, the non-noble name affects. Then the resonance is an indication factor in truth the 103 also works well the mission 774 LC, medium mass. There are so many factors that affect the tonearm cartridge marriage, resonance is an indication not to blunder.

Reactions: 1 user
IMG_1540.jpeg

• Thank You
I feel like I missed the boat with some of the offerings of unipivot arms. My first was on a VPI Scout that I should have never sold. Only a couple years ago did I get a chance to try out another, as in the SOL. Fidgety little thing that I still believe can do right.

Attachments

• P4070001.JPG
    P4070001.JPG
    468.1 KB · Views: 30