Denon TU800 adjustment - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th December 2004, 08:06 AM   #1
DiyDK is offline DiyDK  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Angry Denon TU800 adjustment

Well I have made some mods to this tuner (replaced many resistors to metal film BC 0,1% and now I need to adjust it in
because is is not sounding well anymore.
I have found out that one neds a saw generator and a mesurement sender, and it is hard to do if one is not so able in
this.
I have a schematic.
Does anyone know abaut this?
Old 27th December 2004, 05:41 PM   #2
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Hi DiyDK,
Never, ever do that to a tuner or CD player. The best advice I can give you now is to send the unit to the Denon distributor in your country and have them attempt to tune it in. They may possibly refuse and call it a write off. I would have to side with them on that.

If Denon won't touch your tuner, find a really good shop, known for tuner work, and nicely ask them to take on your project. It would help if they were warranty for Denon, an older shop.
I have been authorized warranty for most of the high end brands for many years. I have tried to help several people who have done what you have. I've run into incorrect resistor values (try and find those!). The other problem is that some metal film resistors have inductance that really matters at high frequencies. The changes you have made do no help at RF frequencies. That's why you don't do this in Tuners and CD players.
I wish you luck in this.
-Chris

Hide this!Advertise here!