Thomas Sheu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

indeed very, very sad. I was in contact with Mr Scheu just two days before it happened. He was always very helpful and kind. He (obviously) was not greedy for profit.

It is said that the business will go on but I doubt that. He did all the turntable stuff in his spare time and by himself. Maybe someone else could sell the parts but never be a consultant like Thomas Scheu. His success in Germany was based on his personality, too.

He built a new house only a few months ago, he had a wife and three children. They have a hard time now.

sad greetings
Christian

Shame I discovered him too late as it turns out now. Bought one of his DC motors recently, and I must agree, the contact was very pleasant. Deutsche Gründlichkeit, but in a very friendly way. Only the good die young.

Maybe it was a bit of a selfish remark to make, but just yesterday I was making serious plans to order a bearing and a platter. Teres is way more expensive, and it's in the USA.. ($$$$) Any alternatives I don't know about?

Hello,

there is a possibility that Mr. Feickert, who used to sell Mr Scheu's toys outside Germany, will sell some of these Parts ... I do not know.

Apart from that JRTransrotor (www.transrotor.de) sell their really nice platter bearing for about the same price. I guess it is the same as used in Michell turntables. Don't know if they sell outside Germany.

Platters can be machined by almost everybody who has a large enough mill.

On Ebay germany there are some Scheu parts at the moment, don't know if they ship outide ...

Cheers
Christian.

Sad news for all vinyl-lovers

Dear all,

I hereby have to confirm that Thomas Scheu passed away late saturday night. My heart is filled with pain and teariness. But there is one thing I have to inform you about as well:

Ulla Scheu and me will continue the company and therefore there is no reason to be in doubt that the products Thomas created might be discontinued. Even more we will go on with the already started developments - the future will be bright, the presence now is cold.

Chris Feickert

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.