CEC BD-2000 Turntable - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th October 2004, 08:14 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default CEC BD-2000 Turntable

Hello,

does somebody know CEC BD-2000 Turntable ? I will have one for my collection and will appreciate to have opinions or documentations about it.

Thanks

Pascal.
Old 4th March 2005, 07:47 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Let's raise this one from the crypt

I just picked one up at a thrift shop. It spins like a charm. Little information is available on the web. I guess this was a little bit more sophisticated model when it was at sale. CEC today is making those belt drive cd transports.

The arm is apparently loosely based on the SME designs. I like the headshell. I imagine it fights resonances reasonably well and installation of a system is really straightforward with it. The turntable has no stop mechanism. The platter is aluminium that really rings and thus needs a rubber mat. Speed switching is via a lever that guides the belt down the pulley. Noticable is the anti-skating solution that applies more force towards the middle of the disc.

I like it better than my former Dual CS503-2. My system likes the medium mass arm better than the light weight ones.

Regards
theduke
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cec_bd2000.jpg (25.6 KB, 448 views)
Old 16th March 2005, 07:33 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Nice turntable. Just out of curiosity - how much did you pay for it? I ask because I've been offered a CEC BD 3000(?) and would like to take it, but I'm not sure how much it's worth. More than 100? More than 150? Or beyond?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
tube.rico
Old 16th March 2005, 07:41 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hello,

I have pay 50 on ebay.de , nice price

Cordialy

Pascal.
Old 16th March 2005, 08:50 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tube.rico
Nice turntable. Just out of curiosity - how much did you pay for it? I ask because I've been offered a CEC BD 3000(?) and would like to take it, but I'm not sure how much it's worth. More than 100? More than 150? Or beyond?
Hehe, you have to guess................................ ok, 30. And I still played the offended guy

Well it was not in perfect condition, and came with broken stylus, the belt needs changing... But I doubt you will get a price like that. I expected not much and would say try it.

This is no cost no object player. It's a subchassis table, which i find are little beasts full of masses and springs sticking out everywhere... The arm is not that excellent. I have the impressioin, one or two instruments really sound fine, but when the scene gets crowded, everything collapses together. Also it has an ugly 5-pin output connector, for which you will want an adapter to try that thing out. At least it turns at constant speed which not every player is able to manage.

If you can try it out first do it, pay depends on condition etc, I feel 150 is upper limit.

Hide this!Advertise here!