Smaller Mixer Pointers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all. I'm thinking of starting a new project. Part of it will be an ultra compact mixer that will mix 2 or 3 stereo (so 4 or 6 channels) signals down to one stereo pair, which will then go to an ADC. What I'd like to have is one pair of RCA line level inputs, and one pair of XLR mic inputs. If I go for another set of inputs, they'll also be XLRs. This will just be a mixer, no EQ or anything fancy. It will need to deal with the low signal level of the XLR inputs though, so it'll need a preamp I guess.

So here's my questions. Since this needs to be super small, transformer coupled inputs are out. Does anyone have a schematic for a small, simple balanced input for the XLRs? Does anyone have a small, simple stereo mixer? Actually, it doesn't have to be really stereo, since the inputs will be hard panned left and right.

I'm current doing some web research, but I'd really appreciate knowing what people have done in the past.

Thanks!

Josh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.