New look for my DJ decks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There comes the time when you remember the days you've been spinning records as a DJ... when you take your MK2's from the shelf just to see whether they still work... When you cannot resist the temptation of hooking them up to your high end system... Hell, those old house records still work :cool:

But... those turntables were too expensive to look like this! Time for a new finish... Here's the result:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Great!

Nice paint-job !

I had a MkII, that I added some weight & damping to the bottom-base; filling some of the "slots" with lead & hot-melt glue...
However, the tone-arm is the area that needs most attention.
A rewire helps a lot.

Arne K

Those older Ortofon cartridges really suck. Their contacts are too short to make a reliable electrical connection. DJs used to wet them, which in the long run corrodes the contacts in the tone arm.

Ortofon fixed the issue with the newer cartridges.

Rewiring the tonearm is a good idea. I think I'll go balanced. The most audible difference made my DIY mixer with better phono preamps, though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.