Super fast, low noise phono preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi DIYers
This is a picture of my DIY Phono Preamp. Schematics as shown is MC section.

Value of resistors R7, R8, R12 and of capacitors C2 and C5 are critical components. It's important to match to original values as close as possible. Capacitor C5 is better to be MKP (poliprophylene). Potty P1 isn't necessary, but it's adjusted on DC component before resistor R7, to be as small as is possible. Potty P2 have to be adjusted on DC offset to be 0.That's simply to make. In the case, we want greater gain, R11 have to be smallest value. With value of 220 ohms, we obtain 6dB more on gain.

I expect your suggestions.

Best regards, Dioklecijan

Attachments

• phono1.jpg
    phono1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 2,311
Congratulation Peranders,
you see exactly what I want.

In this case with LT1028 and OPA627 is not very necessary to put capacitor C5 here, but don’t forget there is MM section with OPA 2134 and more offset without trim.

I see your phono and other works before. Very nice! Beautiful works.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
peranders said:
Nice work! Nice looking hand drawn schematic also.

Just wondering about C5 When You have gain more than 5-10 or this capacitors isn't very necessary, my opinion, but what is your reason for it?. Have you seen my LT1115/1028 vinyl amp.

P-A,

There happen to be 2 capacitors in the diagram called C5. I guess you mean the one on the 1st opamp?

Jan Didden

janneman said:
Oh but there is influence. That cap when left in will degrade the performance. BTW, the other C5 (1uF) is that part of the RIAA? Like low-freq roll-off?
The size of the cap now will do nothing, not negeative either.

C5 along with the other resistors creates a drop at 50 Hz and a lift at 500 Hz. The last 2122 Hz is acheived by C4.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.