Please audio-help wanted!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone out there have the service manual for a marantz 2250?I would appreciated alot any help as I am desperately trying to restore this beauty.I am also in a really bad need of the service manual for a vintage AKAI-570D cassette deck.If anyoune needs any other analogue manuals I have a few.Please any help would be appreciated alot:xeye: Thank you all for your time!

Thank you for replying to my thread.In the AKAI-570d the sensi control system is dead.You know the buttons that you touch and work.(play,stop,etc..)I opened once the transport to change a belt
and after that the buttons are dead.They used to work but now I dont know what happend.Any help would be appreciated.Thank you again.

Akai 570D

Looks like ur a DIY amateur...
Hope none of the wires are broken and all the connectors are intact.

The basics...
The electrical things in a mechanism mostly are
motor, solenoids, rotational sensor (if there is a digital counter and/or other functions) and microswitches.

Open up the set (power disconnected all the time)and make a good long observation of everything below the plate(patience is highly required). Find out if some microswitch is bent/wrongly positioned due to some lever touching it, due to improper reassembly. If the fault is found, open the assy, as and upto the limits done earlier and rectify.
The switches mostly will be leaf type (the copper plates with a contact material welded), and the copper should not touch the metal of the mechanism. Also check the cassette detection switches.
Satisfying that everything is right then proceed further...with the mechanism intact
Operate one of the solenoid(there may be 2 or 3) plungers manually and keep rotating the flywheel by hand in the correct direction. Once you find the wheels are rotating let go of the plunger, find out what the mechanism does and whether it is the correct way like would be in play, rew or ff.
Proceed for other solenoid(s) and analyze further.

Gajanan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.