upgrade cable from AC adapter to Oracle delphi tt?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had a second look at the cable between the ac adaptor and my turntable (Oracle Delphi MK3) it is 15V or something like that.
It is a very thin, unschielded 2 wire, cheap looking cable about 1,5 meter long.

Would it make sense to upgrade this cable?
If so, any recommendations?

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Changing the wire won't make the slightest bit of difference to the way the platter rotates. Being unscreened, iIt might emit a little noise, but not nearly as much as cable carrying mains.

If you really want to upgrade the sound of your turntable, invest in a professional record cleaning machine.

Thanks for the info

EC8010 said:
If you really want to upgrade the sound of your turntable, invest in a professional record cleaning machine.

yes I know that, one of the best investments i ever made! I've got a KAB EV-1, all manual but it made me realize that for instance my first 1974 pressing of Crime of the Century is better that the new 180grams audiophile re-issue. I might go for a similar one with built in vacuum, the basic Nitty gritty, cleaning records with the big vacuum cleaner making a lot of noise next to it is not the most pleasant thing to do.

Is it really an improvement cos it's beefier?

I remember trialling an "upgraded" power supply for my Oracle Delphi 1. It both outweighed and certainly outcosted the original walwart plus reedy wiring many times over. Impressive build, impressive sound - for one track, until the realisation set in that it was a beef with no brains, an upfront and forced hi-fi sound. The original was far more natural and relaxing to listen to. The moral of this tale is: beware the emperor's new clothes! (particularly applicable to all those fancy interconnects and speaker cables).:xeye:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.