Garrard 301 Control Levers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I have been trying to locate a source for the black levers (On/Off & Speed Select) plastic levers for the Garrard 301 t/t. I was recommended to try Technical & General (technical-and-general@fsmail.net) in the UK. I have sent two emails to them over a period of a few months, without receiving any reply. I tried phoning them and again no reply, other than a BTO operator requesting me to leave a message. I never left any message, as I doubt they would return my overseas call.

Does this Company still exist? Does anyone else know of a source for these components?

Regards,

-Eric

Hi EC,

I agree this is probably the route I should go as the levers will no doubt be cheaper than the originals, assuming the original levers are even still available.

I have googled for Nottingham Audio, and find them listed 15,300 times with addresses in the UK and the USA. I saw Martin Bastin's name mentioned at http://www.angelfire.com/retro/ronwill/plinth_301.html regarding a plinth for the 301, but they do not mention his email address.

If you have his contact details, I would be very obliged if you could post same to me.

Regards,

-Eric

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Max Planck

Original Garrard 301 levers have not been available for decades, and the T&G remanufactured ones were a joke (but not as much of a joke as their idler wheel).

If you will temporarily change your settings so that I can email you, I can tell you how to contact Martin.

Hi All,

Once more I need to contact Martin Bastin, but his telephone number seems to have changed.

Should anyone be able to help with his new contact details, I would be very grateful.

I still require the Garrard 301 speed levers! Surely someone is sitting with a warehouse full of them? ;)

-Eric

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.