I need some help deciding on an EQUALIZER.. >BSS, Klark, Neve, Neumann, ADM, etc.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need some help deciding on an EQUALIZER.. >BSS, Klark, Neve, Neumann, ADM, etc.....

Hi all,
Got a question on what all you out there think. >I want to buy an eq for my pa, but I want to know what everyone out there has used and what they think of some of these possible choices. I have been considering a line of fantastic sounding eq's, and heres the list of what I am interested in:

- BSS fcs 960, or 966
- Klark Teknik dn 360
- A pair of UREI 527, 537, or 539
- A pair of Neve 1081, or 1083
- A pair of Neumann PEV or W491A
- A pair of ADM 1540
- or, an Ashly GQX 3102

Ive been looking around, and although the pickins' are slim on the class A eqs...> I have been seeing some real nice Neves and ADM's. The only drawback here.. --they only have a 4 band eq with a mic pre (except for the ADM 1540). I am thinking that it may be better off to sink some money into the BSS or Klark, -because they have 31 bands in a two space stereo unit, and are the industry standard. On the other hand, the warm punchy sound from the Neve, Neumann, or ADM would blow it all away. But heres where I find myself having a very hard time deciding on a unit(s). Do I go with a pair of Neve, ADM or Siemen's ... - or something like that...-sacrifice to the fact of having only 4 very adjustable bands, and build a 2 space rack with a new power supply to to set them in? - Or, do I save myself the trouble from building the rack and extra power supply, and just go with the BSS or Klark...etc.? The money I have to consider, but taking into account the class of equalizers that I am considering, the money part is probably going to be in the the same range on all of them... except for the class A eq's such as the Neve, or ADM or Telefunken - etc....... I did dj at this bar for a long time that had an incredible sound system in it, and it was running through an Ashly GQX 3102. > and that's probably the least expensive of all, except for mabey the UREI's.>>> I am primarly a DJ, but I may do a little recording in the future.

So with all this in mind, what can anybody recommend to me???

Thanks,
DJ Synthesize

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.