Do u suggest to build ur own stereo mixer? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th May 2004, 08:11 PM   #1
Ze is offline Ze  Jamaica
diyAudio Member

Default Do u suggest to build ur own stereo mixer?

hello everyone. i want to assemble a stereo mixer, i d rather make one with enough channels and led indicators of the output signal. ive found a schematic and its quite difficult indeed. but not impossible. i dnt have a problem with that but ive shown it to a couple of friends of mine who deal with electronics and they told me its not forth it cos it will end up **** no matter how good the schematic is. they told me i need to know the right type of potensiometres and other parts too. he kinda scarred me of my plans. what do u suggest guys? thanx
Old 8th May 2004, 09:43 AM   #2
sreten is online now sreten  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

You can't buy the parts for the price of a secondhand mixer.

You also need to be an expert not to have noise, hum, clipping,
drive and cross talk problems. You'll also find ergonomically its
very difficult to better a good mixer design doing it yourself.

sreten.
Old 9th May 2004, 10:49 AM   #3
diyAudio Moderator

Agreed. and machining the casework accurately, and marking up with the functions afterwards is another big time occupier.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?

Hide this!Advertise here!