Dual 505-4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all!

I have a Dual CS 505-4 turntable in mint condition. I was wondering if I could modify it to make it better. Does anyone know of any modifications that give good results. What is your opinion for its tonearm? Is it any good compared to a Rega RB250?

c:\cs505-4.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
George

Attachments

• cs505-4.jpg
    cs505-4.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 202
Hi George
Your Dual is really an ok tt, which can be improved quite simply.
First, remove hinges from lid and dont use lid while playing, just put it on as dustprotection when not in use. Remove bottom and attach 3 soft feet to outer frame, one each front corner one mid back wall. You can fill "innerplatter", the part inside beltrim, with polyurethane potting compound, make a plug to reserve space for central shaft. Remove dameprs inside suspension springs, not present on all models. Arm is quite good but headshell a bit flimsy. check bearing play (adjustable). Try a Grado cartridge. This will be a satisfying tt for years.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.